TASCAM's pocket-sized iXZ turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a recording studio. Plug in a microphone, guitar or bass to interact with the latest guitar amp, sampling, recording and DJ apps. The iXZ even supplies phantom power for condenser microphones. An input setting sets the gain and there's aheadphone output to monitor from your iOS device. To turn an iPhone into a portable practice, songwriting or live recording rig, it's tough to beat the TASCAM iXZ.
- Switchable mic/line input
- Phantom power
- Gain control
- 1/8" headphone output
- XLR mic input
- High-impedence guitar input
- Mic input powered by two AA batteries
- Non-powered guitar input
The ideal portable solution for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
TASCAM's iXZ is the ultimate portable interface for recording with your Apple iOS device. It provides the inputs you need to record nearly any acoustic or electric instrument to any of the thousands of recording apps on the app store, including Apple's own Garage Band or TASCAM's Portastudio.
Mic or Guitar-level Input
Unlike similar recording interfaces for iOS, the input of the TASCAM iXZ can be switched between microphone-level or guitar level in. When switched to guitar level, the iXZ doesn't require any power. That makes the iXZ ideal for practicing your guitar and bass as well as recording.
Switch to Microphone level to enable the microphone preamp. Phantom power is available for powering a condenser microphone for detailed instrument or voice recording. A pair of AA batteries (included) provide hours of microphone recording.
A hardware gain knob controls the level of the input to your recording app. This gives you a quicker way to adjust the level than software controls - if your app even has one.
Headphone out/thru jack
Since the iXZ simply plugs into the headset jack of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, an 1/8" headphone output jack is provided on the back of the iXZ.
- Guitar Practice - Play in headphones with a metronome and effects using your favorite app
- Songwriting - Use an app like TASCAM Portastudio to build up a song before presenting it to the band
- Rehearsal Recording - Plug in a mic to capture band practice
- Sound Effects Gathering - Record sounds in the outside world, then drop them into your productions
- Connector: XLR
- Input Level: -42dBu～ +2dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +2dBu
- Input Impedance: 2.4kΩ
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack
- Nominal Input Level: -21dBV
- Maximum Input Level: -10dBV
- Input Impendance: 470kΩ
- Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack
CONNECTION PLUG FOR iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Connector: 3.5mm 4 Pole Plug, 150mm
- Power Requirements: 2 AA batteries (when using microphone input)
- Power Consumption: 0.33W (Phantom Power 5.0mA)
- Battery Life: Approximately 15 hours (Phantom Power 5.0mA)
- External Dimensions (WxHxD): 4.17" x 1.57" x 1.77" (106x40x45mm)
- Weight: 3.7 ounces (87g)
- UK Based Company
- Part of A.C. Entertainment Technologies - has its trading origins over 45 years ago
- UK Stock Holding
- UK Warranty
- Free Delivery Over ?150
- Great Prices
- Over 20 Years' Experience
- Specialist Advice
- Fast Delivery
- Finance Options Available
With years of experience supplying Businesses, Government Organisations, Charities, Schools, Colleges and Universities, we invite you to take advantage of our knowledge to help you make an informed choice, ensuring you are purchasing the best music products for your needs. With specialists in PA Systems, Pro Audio & Live Sound equipment on hand to answer calls and emails, you're in the best possible hands.
Contact us now to discuss your requirements or to request a quotation. Additional discounts may apply for educational establishments or size and value of order.
Purchase orders can be sent directly to email@example.com or apply for your cash or credit account here. Terms and conditions will apply.